facebook twitter youtube
join the email list.

Matt Flinner

“The View from Here” Mandolin Tablature Book is Here!

When Matt Flinner released “The View From Here” CD 25 years ago, it became an instant classic mandolin album. Listening today, it’s still as fresh and exciting as it was when it first came out.

To celebrate the 25 year anniversary of “The View From Here”, Matt Flinner has released a book of transcriptions of the melodies and the solos he played on the recording.

Matt also designed exercises for each of the tunes to help mandolin players with the tricky parts of the tunes. If you’ve ever taken a Matt Flinner class online, you know that he designs amazing exercises to help his students with the tunes he is teaching. The book features an exercise for each tune, honing in on the skills a player needs to play the tune.

The book is 60 pages long plus the covers. It’s spiral bound to lay flat on your music stand or desk. The inside pages will be on nice quality uncoated paper for easy reading. Besides the transcriptions and exercises, the book includes a nice selection of photos of the groups Matt has played with along with a few of his legendary Gilchrist F5.

Presales of the book will start now with the books being mailed out in late October or early November so you can get them before Christmas. Visit  https://www.mattflinner.com to pre-order your books today. The preorder price will be $25 including shipping (except international orders—email [email protected] to work out shipping outside the U.S.). The deadline for preorders is October 31. After October 31, the price will be $25 plus actual shipping costs.

Pre-order your copy of “The View from Here” Mandolin Book by Matt Flinner:

Buy Now Button with Credit Cards

11 comments on ““The View from Here” Mandolin Tablature Book is Here!

1. Doug Holder says:

HI Matt,
    I’m happy to pay the shipping to Canada. I’ve just paid for the book with Paypal, so you can let me know what the shipping cost is and I’ll pony up.Looking forward to it.
    Doug

2. Doug Holder says:

Looking forward to the book.

3. Raphael says:

Dear Matt

I am interested in your “The View From Here” book of transcriptions, but I live in Europe, in Switzerland. Is it possible to send it to me anyway?

I managed to write part of the relatively slow song “The view from here” (with the help of my teacher…) but am struggling with your faster songs and the chords…

Is there also a book for *”Latitude”?

Thank you for your answer, your breathtakingly beautiful music and all the best from Switzerland,

Raphael

• Hi Raphael,

I’m so sorry for the delay! And thank you for your kind message. I’d be happy to get a book to you, and can still apply the shipping discount since you contacted m during the sale.
      That’s so great that you’ve got part of “The View from Here Down”! I’m honored that you’d take the time to work it out.
      I do not have a book for “Latitude”; maybe in the semi-near future, though.

Thank you, Raphael!
      All the best,
      Matt

4. Woohoo! Just paypalled you. Sure am looking forward to this. Thank you, Matt!

5. Alec Boardman says:

Looking forward to receiving transcription of The View From Here

6. Steve Butler says:

Received my copy of the book yesterday and have been working on learning The View From Here already. I love the melody and already have the first part under my fingers pretty well. The handwritten note posted on the cover was a nice touch, thanks Matt.

7. Barry Cooper says:

Hi Matt
    I was wondering if the book has notation or is it only tab?
    Thanks
    Barry from Ottawa

8. Roger Leonard says:

This will be the most significant bluegrass workbook since Jack Tottle’s famed “Bluegrass Mandolin.”